All Pets offers a wide range of soft tissue procedures, from routine neutering to emergency abdominal surgery. Our purpose-built theatre is equipped with modern anaesthetic and patient monitoring equipment such as a heated operating table, multiparameter monitors with ECG, pulse oximetry, blood pressure and capnography, monopolar and bipolar diathermy, oxygen concentrators and oxygen canisters in case of a power outage.
Patient monitoring is performed by one of our 3 qualified Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVNs) or 2 Student Veterinary Nurses (SVNs) under the guidance of our Veterinary Surgeons. Each patient has a customised anaesthetic protocol according to their individual needs, and we follow guidelines and protocols produced by the Association of Veterinary Anaesthetists to ensure up-to-date best possible patient safety.
We understand that undergoing any procedure can be scary for both pet and owner and are here to provide you with as much support and information as you need. Did you know that at All Pets we offer the following?
- For particularly worried patients, and where safe to do so, we offer pre-anaesthetic sedation with their owner, allowing them to fall asleep with someone they know.
- A variety of pre-anaesthetic blood tests are available as part of any surgical procedure, with results available within minutes to increase anaesthetic safety.
- Wherever possible, we use a local anaesthetic cream prior to placement of IV cannulas and blood sampling to improve patient experience
- Feline drop off a separate feline ward and gold-standard feline friendly handling
- Discounted pre-anaesthetic heart scans for cats (did you know that 15% of cats have heart disease, and almost a third of these are undetectable by stethoscope?)